Sunday, December 13, 2009

Unrealistically Optimistic

Christmas came to my household a little later this year scaled down to the minimum. Honeybun lacked ambition to retrieve the regular 6 1/2 foot tree from it's off season resting place and I didn't want to test the attic stairs with the additional poundage I've gained since last year. (Edited to add- Honeybun is sitting beside me while I post this- imagine that, I am not writing this one at work... Anyways, he wanted me to clarify he is not a Scrooge.) To compromise and try to make my house look somewhat Christmasy (probably made that word up) I ventured to Target to buy a Satchmo approved Christmas Tree.

12/13/2009 at 8:31 pm Christmas Tree is still standing in it's original position



Not to say this type of perfection was without a single Satchmo related incident. Say hello to causality #1 the silver ornament



The stockings were hung on the mantel with care. In hopes that Satchmo would actually be a "Good Cat."



I give the tree and stockings 24 hours. Why you ask? Maybe the following pictures will help shed some light.





Revised- Stockings didn't last 30 minutes



I rest my case.

On a totally unrelated note- Honeybun and I took a mini-vacation to the Biltmore house in North Carolina over the weekend. Loved it! Also, the hotel we stayed at had complimentary Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Lotion. Don't think I didn't come home with a whole travel set.

No comments: