Saturday I dusted off the cleats, broke out the glove an headed to the field- softball field that is.
(Actually I borrowed a glove and played in old tennis shoes because HB cleaned out the garage and my glove and gear is MIA, but it sounded better the other way so go with it.)
Oh Church League softball we meet again. I've missed you.
Last season I didn't play because the Milk Factory doesn't run. (Get it? Ha!) So it's been almost two years since I last caught or threw a ball and batted. And let's get real about it, I've always been better at catching and throwing than batting. Coach, who happens to be the BFF's husband, put me in at 2nd batter and in left field. Prime time spots for you who don't know. I asked him if he was crazy. Apparently he had more faith in me than I did myself.
After 4 innings and 45 minutes I made the comment, "Does it feel like we've been playing for three hours?"
By the end of the game I had made 1 error, but gotten on base each time (a personal victory of sorts) and couldn't feel my legs. It was going to hurt in the morning. Oh did it hurt alright.
It hurt to life my legs up to put my tennis shoes on. Once I used the bathroom I wasn't sure I could get back up. It took me 10 minutes to walk from the garage to the car.
All to do it over again on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's right. That's right. You're lovin it! :)
Post a Comment