Around the 4th month of his life, I found that J liked music. Finally something that would calm him down and give me the five minute breather so I didn't pull my hair out.
(Literally- I don't know if I've shared this before, but I seriously contemplated shaving my head when J was a newborn. I don't know if I had a touch of Postpartum Depression (I don't say that lightly) or if it was raging hormones. If I thought I would have looked good and my curls would grow back (vain, I know) it probably would have happened.)
Anyway, back to the story. It's not just any music that J likes. It's highly inappropriate hip hop (is that the term they are using these days?), rap, R&B music that gets him going (good thing the radio stations beep out the "bad" words). I will turn it on in the car and look back to see head bobbing, toes tapping and arms waving to the beat. It makes my heart soar every time. When he catches me looking J will smile and laugh. Oh baby. You make Mama so happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment