Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Party Honeybun

Poor Honeybun. Saturday was his last birthday party with his friends. No more blowouts for him. The theme of the party was "Don't get kicked out of the neighborhood." I'm proud to say we succeeded in that. No one called the cops or ventured over to tell us to quieten down. I guess the best part of Honeybun's parties is the fact that every one's getting older and pretty much partied out by midnight. Just like everything else that goes on at my house lots of randomness occurred. Random people, random people together, random conversations all around randomness (if that's even a word).

Random people- if you aren't specifically invited don't show up. The only exception to this rule is if you call the host and they okay it. Random people were everywhere. Every time I turned around someone new who wasn't invited was in my backyard. Some chick randomly walked into my house through the front door and plopped down at my kitchen table. Who are you? What are you doing? I don't know you! Get out of my house. If you are picking someone up park the car in the driveway and call them. Don't walk through my house "looking" for someone. Chances are they aren't hiding in my linen closet (unless they need privacy which is a whole other blog).

Random people together- weird- enough said.

Random conversations- one girl told Honeybun he looked a lot older than 26. Ouch. That hurt. There's so much more. I just don't want to go there. I have to protect the innocent.

In short, the rules of party etiquette are:
1. RSVP- The host needs to know how much food to cook. If you don't RSVP don't get pissed when you want a midnight snack and there aren't anymore cheeseburgers.

2. Don't come if you aren't invited. If you want to come please call the host and ask. Don't randomly show up. Don't randomly walk through someone that you've never met's front door. Don't expect free food and drink.

3. Smile and have a good time. If you aren't having a good time you should leave. Party poopers should be banned from all events.

4. Take it all in stride (I need to do this). Random people are going to show up, say random things and hang out with random people. You aren't the party police, even though you really want to be.

Promoted to Vice President of Party Planning. Planning a party? Call me.

No comments: