Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shirtless Wonders

A new office building is being built across the street from the office. That means that every time I look out my window my vision is being bombarded by shirtless men. I'm not talking about the good looking muscular men either. I'm referring to the middle aged, tattoo covered, beer belly men. Jealous are you? That brings me to the question why is it okay for men to walk around at their JOB with no shirt on and their butt crack hanging out? If I were to walk around the office with a short skirt, tank top and flip flops on I'm sure I would be asked to put some more clothes on (we all know this won't happen because I rarely wear shorts, much less a short skirt). Some things about a person are better off left unknown. I also get the privilege of listening to them curse and shout when something goes wrong. I've been leaving the door of the office open lately because I need more sunshine in my life. I hate having to close it because of the unnecessary language. You are better than that Mr. Construction Worker. You can say other words. Use your brain and think of something more creative. Say, "Oh my, I can't believe that turned out that way. How silly was I to think that would work? I will put more thought into it next time." It would make me and you happier. Especially if you say "oh crap" with a smile. Put on a shirt too. You would be lowering your cancer risk and I won't have to shield my eyes and be scared for life every time I look outside.

Promoted to Vice President of Dress Code Enforcement. Policing the streets is what I do.

No comments: