- If a telemarketer calls and doesn't say the company's name correctly I tell them they have the wrong number. Which they do if they are looking for whatever name they said.
- If a telemarketer asks for the "person in charge," I am always that person. Then after they finish their spill, I say "I am not authorized to make that decision."
- This really made someone mad last week. A telemarketer called and asked to speak with one of the partners of my company. Usually when a telemarketer calls they ask to speak with el' presidente, so I knew something was up. I asked her what her name was, who she represented and what she wanted to speak with him about. She replied to the majority of my questions. I then told her he wasn't available. She said, "You made me answer all of those questions and he isn't available?" To which I replied, "Yep, pretty much." Doesn't she know this is one of my few sources of entertainment?
- Yesterday I argued with the guy from the Yellow Pages. I told him we don't have a Yellow Pages listing. He said we did. He just wanted to make sure all of the information was correct. I said, "Dude, I'm looking at the Yellow Pages right now. We don't have a listing." He said that there are a lot of different versions of the Yellow Pages, our company does have a listing. Whatever dude. I hung up on him. Now that I'm thinking about it... Next time he calls back I'm going to have a list of reasons why he's wrong starting with 1) If he is calling to update our 2009 listing that should have already been done because the 2009 phone book came out two weeks ago. 2) We would would want to advertise in our "local" Yellow Pages and it's already come out. 3) If I advertised and change my information, wouldn't I contact them?
Telemarketers, love them or hate them, they are a constant source of perverse entertainment.
Promoted to Vice President of "Telephone Decision Making." Maybe now I can make some decisions.
On another note, I'm debating to cut or not to cut. That is the question. I've been letting my hair grow out now for awhile- it takes forever to grow. Now I'm in the stage where it isn't short, but it isn't long. It kind of hangs on the tops of my shoulders (when it's curly) and gets on my nerves. I either need to cut it or keep on letting it grow.
If I decide to cut it, I'm thinking about this haircut....

The only problem is I would have to straighten my hair every day. This would increase my getting ready time by at least 30 minutes. Especially since I only spend 5 minutes max on my hair now (I only dry it for a minute with the blow dryer- I consider the drive to work ample time to air dry). Although, that might be a welcomed change... Let me know what you think! Especially you cosmetologist out there! I would have posted a recent picture of what it looks like, but I couldn't find one here at work. You'll have to consult Facebook to compare.
No comments:
Post a Comment