Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tragedy Just Struck

I just ripped an unrepairable hole in my most favorite, most treasured jeans. I am beyond devastated, inconsolable. I went to the bathroom and came back, sat down in my chair, started playing electronic Phase 10 (which is a whole other story), looked down and noticed a white, meaty piece of thigh flesh protruding from the seam of my jeans. Not attractive at all. What to do? I guess I'll have to order another pair (in the next size up, not doubt, since I'm sure that's what got me into trouble in the first place) off of ebay. Why such a big deal? Well, for starters, jeans don't fit me. In all of the years trying on all different brands and sizes I have found one brand in one fit that is perfect for me. The downside? They retail for $178.00 per pair. Pick your chins up off of the floor! In my defense, I only own two pairs of these jeans (well, really 1 now). I only paid retail 1 time. I'd like to say they were on sale that one time, but that would be a blatant lie. The second pair I bought off of ebay for 1/2 price. Still outlandish? Not if you wear them everyday, which I do. If you do the math... Wearing the jeans 70% of the year (255 days) equals only 31 cents per wear. Feel better already? I sure do. That's only for the newer pair that I've had for less than a year. The blow-out pair I've had for three years. Do that math- 23 cents per wear. Please don't double-check my math. Let's just say one upside to taking Honeybun with me to the mall is I can ask him what's 30% off of $14.50 and he can tell me exactly how much things are going to cost. He can also keep a running total in his head way better than I can. For some reason I am always surprised when I get cash register. I didn't think I had that much.

Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if I can go home early due to my now inappropriate work attire? Hmmm, I might have to explore that avenue.

FYI- I called the gym right after this happened. J & I are going there on Saturday to check it out.

Onto other things. Crazy madness at P&W last week. I went home one afternoon and saw the guy who lives down the street lying in his yard. I panicked thinking my freshman year of college CPR/ First Aid class memory was going to have to kick in, but he started moving and I decided he wasn't dead. I had every intention of calling el'presidente to tell him to walk down and check on the guy, but I turned the corner and forgot all about it. Short term memory strikes again. In my defense, I feel bad about this. I made a New Year's Resolution (we know how that goes!) to do the opposite if I ever encounter this situation. Back to the story- El' presidente comes in the next morning talking about how the ambulances were at the guy's house. Apparently he hit the "sauce" a little too hard that day. He fell when he reached down to get his newspaper off of his sidewalk and hit his head. The newspaper people and the lady across the street called for an ambulance. Big happenings on our street.

Electronic Phase 10 probably deserves it's own post, but can I just say full on addicted? It's so bad I get mad at the computer when I get skipped. Seriously- mad, angry, full on pissed.

Promoted to Vice President of Bargain Hunting. Watch out checking account.

No comments: