Friday, January 16, 2009

If I Ruled the World

If I ruled the world I would open a restaurant. At my restaurant we would serve exceptional sandwiches on freshly baked bread. Our condiments would be of the finest quality. We would serve Coke and Frito-Lay products. Why this all of the sudden you ask? That's easy. I am so tired of going to lunch waiting in line for 10 minutes and dropping $7.00 on a sandwich only to bring it back to the office and find out it was made wrong or includes below par ingredients. Yes, I know, I can make the sandwich at home and bring it to work everyday, but have you ever tried to go all day without leaving work? It's no fun. I'd rather spend $5.00 to go on a field trip than save it and lose my sanity.

At my sandwich shop I would allow the customer to order a sandwich dressed to their heart's content, made on freshly baked sliced in front of you bread served with two hand fulls of chips and a 21 oz fountain Coke product for $5.00 even. The tomatoes would always be sliced perfectly and would never include any part of the stem. The cheese wouldn't cost extra and you could choose from American, Swiss, Pepper Jack and Provolone. The lettuce would not be shredded, that way in case a mistake was made (which would never happen) you would be able to pull the lettuce off without having to sacrifice the dressing or other vegetables. When making the sandwich my employees would take pride (see "Have a Little Pride""Have a Little Pride") in their jobs. The lunch line would back out the door, but that wouldn't be a problem because I would have the man power to have you in and out as quickly as possible. Any one person ordering three or more sandwiches would have to call in the order- no exceptions. My sandwich shop would be the talk of the lunch crowd.

Promoted to Vice President of Quality Lunches.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Do it, Em. Tell honeybun what's going down and do it. We'd go on field trips there. :)