Thursday, January 28, 2010

Last week my BFF sent me a coupon code for 15% off any Target order. You know how I'm a sucker for a good deal, especially if it includes the bulls-eye store. I've been contemplating buying a Dyson. It's been a struggle since the day Madre came over and helped me clean up after the "Great Renovation 2009" that technically lasted until 2010. Anyway. She brought over her Dyson and I proceeded to vacuum every surface I could. Satchmo hair was sucked up from three feet away. I. Must. Get. One. Honeybun came home & I explained my predicament. Kitchen table for a vacuum cleaner. Fair trade, right? Not so much. I believe his answer was something to the effect (affect? I can't ever get those right) of "I didn't lay hardwood floors in 75% of the house to have you drop $400 on a vacuum cleaner." Bubble officially burst. P.S. We didn't get a new kitchen table either..

Back to the story. I went online to target.com and checked out their Dyson inventory. I work too, right? I deserve a new vacuum. That argument probably would have worked if it wasn't A) right after Christmas B) we didn't just buy a new washer & dryer and C) I wasn't going to be popping out a baby within the next 8 weeks. (That is meant to be funny. I'm trying to take the birthing process seriously, even though Honeybun & I dropped out of parenting class altogether and I laugh inappropriately at all forms of relaxation exercises. I make light of the situation because I'm honestly terrified of it.) I read the reviews on the different models of the vacuum, added it to my cart, removed it from my cart and eventually added it again, left it there and paid for it.

I went home that night and told Honeybun, "BFF sent me a coupon code for Target and I bought a Dyson with it, but don't worry, I plan on using my Christmas money to pay for it." I fully expected him to say, "save your Christmas money for yourself." Didn't happen. It went a little more like this, "if that's how you want to spend your Christmas money." Um, not really, but I guess we all have to grow up sometime.

All that to say I've been obsessively checking ups.com and found out the Dyson is being delivered today! Is it wrong to be super excited? Like so excited I want to rush home right now to use it?

Another news making story for you... I took Satchmo to the vet yesterday to get his nails trimmed (yes, I know I could save $11.00 and do this at home myself, but frankly I'm intimidated). He went right into his carrier. It's amazing. I think he thinks it's a cool new place to hang out and hide. WRONG. It's a cool new place for your human parent to put you in so she can cart you off to the V-E-T without risking great bodily harm. I loaded him in the car, backed out of the driveway and thought so far, so good. Yeah right. He started to cry. Really not so much cry as wail. I had nightmares about it last night. Honestly it broke my heart. I had to call LoB for reassurance I was doing the right thing. She thought I was crazy, which maybe I am. Stunning revelation, right? We make it to the V-E-T (yes, you have to spell it) and I walk in to find a dog & a cat in the lobby. Satchmo didn't react to either one. Hmm, maybe he was just happy we weren't still riding in the car. (There's a thought, maybe he gets car sick riding the backseat with me driving. I know I get carsick riding in the backseat with the Rickster driving.) Just when I thought we were in the home stretch, about to win the war in walks a Basset Hound and his owner. Basset gets 3 feet too close to Satchmo's carrier and all hell breaks loose. Satchmo starts hissing (never heard him do that before) and growling (another phenomenon), arched up his back and puffed out his tail all while in the carrier, mind you. Yes, my child does not play well with others. He has a personal space bubble- unless you are invited in, don't touch. Wonder where he gets that? He gets it from his mama. No surprise there.

No comments: