Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Smell a Rat

This happened a long time ago, but since I haven't blogged about it I thought I would share. I hope it makes you smile.

A few Fridays ago I turned into my neighborhood while talking on the phone to Sayrah (bad, I know) and made a comment about the trash can still being at the end of the driveway even though the trash pick up was on Wednesday (our neighbors love us). I turned into my drive, told Little Man I would be right back and headed down the driveway to get the trash can and mail all the while still chatting on the telephone.

My neighbor across the street was outside. I waved, got the mail out of the mailbox and bent down to pick up the garbage can. I was in the middle of telling Sayrah a story when I looked down and started screaming. I dropped the mail, let the trash can roll and ran to the other side of the drive. Tap (my neighbor- not his real name) thought I had lost my mind. Sayrah, still on the phone, was asking what was wrong. I told her "a mouse, there is a dead mouse on my driveway. I almost stepped on it." I did what any damsel in distress would do, kept screaming, told Sayrah I would have to call her back and yelled for Tap to please help me. Being a gentleman, Tap came over, made fun of me, grabbed some newspaper and threw the mouse away for me. According to him I ran over the mouse when I pulled in. According to me someone planted it at the end of the driveway hoping I would lose my marbles, video tape it and make me a You Tube sensation.

No comments: