Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Certifiable

This is a true story. After reading it, I'm sure you will agree with me- I need more sleep, less caffeine and a spa package.

This morning at 1:00 am. Wah-wah-wah coming from Jack's room. I get up, (I've only been asleep since 11 pm) go to his room and pick him up. I take him into the living room, lay him on the couch (where I usually feed him) and go back to my room. I walked to my side of the bed and sweep my arms around my side (like I am looking for something). Keep in mind Jack is still screaming from the living room. Honeybun wakes up and says, "What are you doing?" I reply, "Looking for the baby." He said, "Emily, are you okay?" gets out of the bed, takes me by the shoulders and leads me to the nursery saying, "This is Jack's room." To which I reply, "Yeah, I know, he's in the living room. Where's the other baby?" Honeybun says, "What other baby?" "Um, the other one. We have two babies, right?" I asked. Honeybun looks at me like I'm an idiot and says, "No, we only have one." "Oh, I must have been dreaming." By this time we are back in the living room and I'm nursing Jack. Honeybun sat on the couch with me for ten minutes staring at me the whole time waiting for either an emotional breakdown or proof that I've lost my marbles.

No comments: