Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Search Continues

On a whim yesterday I took Little Man to Dillards (really to pay my bill, but that didn't happen). While we were there I decided it would be the prefect time to shop in the Misses Department instead of Juniors in hopes of finding a cute outfit to wear on my date night tonight. (It's my & Honeybun's Anniversary.) I guess sometime between college and having a baby every girl needs to embrace their curves and "graduate" to real women's clothing. The downside- with the real clothing comes a real price. Lucky me though, I scored deals on the clearance rack.

I found two super cute shirts that were originally $60+ marked WAY down. (I have an unwritten rule about buying shirts that cost over $25, unless they are sweaters, of course.) One of the shirts fit, the other did not. On a different note, the plus about "graduating" to the Misses Department- the sizes make you feel smaller than you are. That's probably because the fabrics are cut for your shape and not a pre-puberty girl without hips or boobs. Who am I kidding? I always had the hips, but just got the boobage when I had Jack. All of that to say on my way to the dressing room I saw it. The perfect swimsuit.



I grabbed what I thought would be my size, crossed my fingers and cruised to the dressing room. I didn't have very high hopes, since I birthed (that sounds funny) Jack things aren't where they were before. I closed my eyes and stepped in, pulled it up, buckled and turned around SLOWLY to face the mirror. A spotlight shined down on me and said, "Emily, you must buy this." My cellulite was looking less cellulitey, my butt was up where it should be and my boobage was filling out the top like it never filled it out before. It's a miracle! Then I saw the price. It was over $100. I know what you are saying, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS??? Actually $110, but at that point, what's another ten dollars? Sadly I put the suit back on the rack, purchased my clearance shirt and headed home. I called my mom, looking for reassurance and asked her if she thought $110 was too much to spend and she said yes. Bummer.

The point of this story- well there really isn't one. I want the swimsuit. I can't stop thinking about it. And I might, just might buy it as an Anniversary gift to myself.

In more relevant news we are at a standstill with the bathroom renovation. I'm thinking about posting pictures so you all can see the progress (what progress?). I'll also post pictures of the bathroom the three of us are currently sharing.

3 comments:

Erin said...

You NEED that swimsuit!!! We deserve to feel good about ourselves in a swimsuit after birthing these babies! GO GET THAT SUIT! :)

Hannah said...

I agree. You MUST have the swimsuit. It's rare that you find a swimsuit that looks great on you after giving birth. Charge it if you have to...but you gotta get it :) It looks adorable. I should have checked Macy's out.

Emily said...

You all convienced me! The best part- I got a check from our Insurance Company- when I found out I was pregnant I enrolled in a program through the Insurance Company that had a cash incentive- the day after I posted this. Headed to the mall this week.